New Student Documents
Congratulations and Welcome to FAU!
**Please upload all scanned documents together at the same time to File Locker to ensure timely processing of your I-20 or DS-2019***
for instructions on how to upload documents to File Locker
On behalf of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), I am very happy to congratulate you on your acceptance to Florida Atlantic University!
Please submit the documentation below in order to obtain your I-20 or DS-2019:
Financial Certification Form (FCF): Complete and sign the FCF; use multiple copies of page 3 if you have more than one sponsor.
Note: Incomplete forms and missing signatures may result in processing delays.
- Provide a complete foreign address on all forms as required.
2. Proof of financial support: can be from the student, the student's sponsor (parent, relative, etc.), government agencies, or other sponsoring entity i.e. tuition waivers from FAU. Examples of appropriate sources of funding are included in the FCF. (dated no later than 6 months before the start date of your classes)
- Bank letters and other financial documents must be submitted on official letter head, written in English or accompanied by a certified English translation, and showing the available amount in U.S. dollars.
3. Copy of passport page - biographical information and expiration date.
**Note: if you have dependents, please also include the passports of all dependents.
**Note: Please notify the ISSS office if you are currently an FAU student**
IF YOU ARE TRANSFERRING FROM ANOTHER INSTITUTION IN THE UNITED STATES, MUST ALSO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
4. SEVIS Transfer Form (STF): complete part 1 of STF and submit to the Designated School Official (usually the International Student Advisor) for completion and signature of STF part 2, at the institution which currently holds your I-20.
INFORMATION FOR OTHER STUDENTS WITH NON-IMMIGRANT CLASSIFICATIONS
- Applicants who hold another non-immigrant visa classification (for example, B-1/B-2, F-2, H-4, L-2, E-2, etc.) and wish to request a change of status to F-1 must contact ISSS to make an appointment with ISSS advisor at email@example.com.
- Students who are in the process of applying for permanent residence or hold other types of immigration classifications (i.e., Deferred Action, political asylum, temporary protected status, etc.) do not need to supply documentation to ISSS. Please contact admissions office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the ISSS office at ISSS@fau.edu with any questions or concerns.
Once again, congratulations on your acceptance to FAU and we look forward to seeing you on campus soon!
Express Shipment of I-20 or DS-2019
Florida Atlantic University is pleased to make available EXPRESS mailing of I-20 or DS-2019 immigration documents. EXPRESS mailing will allow you to receive documents through DHL or FedEx within 3-5 days.
Requesting immigration documents through express mail is YOUR expense. Methods of payment: Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex and Discover) and Wire Transfer. The accepted currency is US Dollars. Parents or friends of the student can pay with their credit card as well, on behalf of the student.
How to request EXPRESS mail to send you your immigration documents:
1. Go to the following secure website ONLY: https://study.eshipglobal.com/
2. Create a user name and password to set up an account.
3. Click the "Receive a Package" option
4. Select the Florida Atlantic University International Student and Scholar Services as your sender and enter your Z number in the student ID field
5. Prepare a shipment request and pay the mailing cost online
6. eShipGlobal will route the request to FAU ISSS office
If you have questions about how to use this service please visit the FAQs section of this https://study.eshipglobal.com website, or email email@example.com Please pay close attention to the information submitted as errors in the credit card or incomplete address information will result in a delay in receiving your I-20 or DS-2019.