The FAU Recreation & Fitness Center, which opened January 2009, is an $18.6 million, state-of-the-art facility where students, faculty, staff and alumni can meet, workout, relax and enjoy being part of FAU campus life.
The FAU Recreation & Fitness Center is a modern, 77,000-square-foot facility offering:
- A 10,000-square-foot fitness center with more than 70 pieces of cardio equipment, two circuit training units, strength training room and stretching area
- Three indoor basketball courts
- A multipurpose gymnasium for indoor soccer, basketball and special events
- Two fitness performance studios designed for yoga, Pilates, spinning, etc.
- Men's and women's health club-style locker rooms
- A personal training suite
- An outdoor leisure and lap pool and deck
- A massage therapy suite
- A social lounge equipped with seating areas, flat-screen TVs and WiFi
The Recreation & Fitness center was created to enhance a sense of tradition, pride and student life on the FAU campus. The facility provides new and improved recreation and fitness space, and programming opportunities as well as serving as a community hub for the FAU community.
In bringing home the Owl football team, the stadium will offer the shared experiences and lasting memories to student and the University community alike that enhance and build University tradition.
- The football stadium is slated to feature 25 luxury suites with 1,500 club seats.
- As the permanent home to FAU’s Division IA football program, the stadium will offer the latest, state-of-the-art amenities.
- To help ensure that sold-out, standing-room-only crowds will soon cheer the Owls to victory, you can contribute to the stadium effort by contacting 561-297-0131.