General Guidelines for creating a position
- Appropriate funding must be secured and in place before a position may be established. We recommend that you have written approval from the appropriate divisional budgetary authority before proceeding with the establishment of a position. Adequate funding is not verified by Human Resources.
- You may not recruit or fill a line position until it has been established through the Classification and Compensation section of Human Resources.
- Once completed the request will be routed through the management chain in Workday.
- Once the position request reaches Classification & Compensation it will be reviewed. If this has been done correctly and falls within FAU guidelines, it will be approved.
- The requesting department is responsible for ensuring that all budget related items are completed and a Costing Allocation will be required during the “Hire” and “Job Change” processes.
If the position description is being posted for a vacant position, the “Create Job Requisition” business process is required. This will be routed to Recruitment Services for final approval. They will contact the requestor to discuss the recruitment process. If needed, Recruitment Services can be reached at 7-3058.
All actions (Establishments, Reclassifications, and Updates) with line positions, SP and AMP, must flow through Classification & Compensation in Workday (Compensation Central Partner) in order to be processed, no exceptions.
For Job Aids and Tutorials please click on the FAU Job Aids worklet on the Workday home screen.