When is Move-In for fall?
- Fall 2013 Move-In is on August 21st & 22nd, 2013. Freshmen students may begin moving-in on August 21st, 2013 - 8:30am-12:00 Noon if you live on an even floor, 1:00pm-4:30pm if you live on an odd floor. Returning students may begin moving-in on August 22nd, 2013 at 8:30am until 5:00pm.
- September 1, 2013 by check, money order, or debit card. You can submit a check or money order in the Student Support Services Building drop box or pay online through MyFAU, or by mail to FAU, Attn: Cashier’s Office, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431-0991.
- Each residence hall offers events and activities to keep all students active and engaged.
- In addition, the annual Weeks of Welcome (WOW) begins immediately, and offers numerous events and activities throughout the first few weeks of class. For more information visit the Weeks of Welcome (WOW) website.
- No, you will need to complete an application for your LLC (Living-Learning Community), as well as complete a separate housing contract.
- No, we cannot accommodate any early arrivals.
- Beds in the New Residence Hall, Heritage Park Towers, Indian River Towers, Glades Park Towers, and Algonquin Hall feature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”).
- University Village Apartments feature extra-long twin beds measuring (36” X 80”)
- Innovation Village Apartments North and South feature standard size full beds.
- Every room on-campus is provided with a bed (extra-long twin 36” X 80” in all buildings except Innovation Village North and South which come with standard full-size beds), desk, desk chair, and dresser in every student room. Indian River Towers, University Village Apartments and Innovation Village Apartments also have furnishings provided in the common areas. Please refer to their specific pages in the move-in guide for more information.
- Students living in Innovation Village Apartments North and South are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Students living in University Village Apartments are provided with a full-size refrigerator in the kitchen.
- Students living in Algonquin Hall provided with a MicroFridge® unit (combination microwave/refrigerator), but may bring a personal refrigerator measuring 3.6 cubic feet or smaller.
- Students living in all other buildings may bring a personal refrigerator measuring 3.6 cubic feet or smaller.
- The only pets allowed are fish kept in tanks which are no larger than 10 gallons. All other pets are prohibited. You are responsible for maintaining the tanks and are responsible for any and all damages caused by the keeping of fish or any unauthorized pets. Any cost associated with the possession of an unauthorized pet will be charged to the responsible resident(s) or to all residents of the room/apartment, (damaged furniture, cleaning, pest control, etc.).
No, hot plates, deep fryers, toasters, grills, or
any other appliance that have exposed heating elements
are NOT permitted in any on-campus residence hall (ALG, HPT, GPT, IRT and the new residence hall).
Items that are permitted in the residence halls include: hot air popcorn poppers, small electric grills (i.e. George Foreman grill; no exposed heating element), toaster ovens, small convection ovens, food processors, crock pots, blenders, electric mixers, coffee makers (that do not have exposed heating elements).
Toasters are permitted ONLY in University Village Apartments (UVA) and Innovation Village Apartments (IVA).
- No, once you are assigned to a room you cannot change your assignment until after the 10-day room freeze ends.
- Students must wait until the 10 day room freeze ends at the start of each semester, space permitting.
- Yes, the deadline is April 1, 2013.
- Please refer to your Move-In Guide for address information.