Be A Part of the SOaring OWL Program Next Year!
Second year students are an important element to the residential learning experience here at Florida Atlantic University. The Second Year Experience Program (SYE), a partnership with Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, realizes returning students have their own unique challenges. This program is designed to help you establish and maintain the campus connections vital to your pursuit of academic excellence.
The primary thematic programming component is referred to as the SOaring OWL Program. The SOaring OWL program aims to empower second year students to interact with faculty and staff, create a sense of personal wellness, begin career exploration, and develop academic, personal, and professional success through the workshops, lectures, and other programs provided in Innovation Village South (IVAS) and across campus.
Requirements to participate in the 2014-2015 SOaring OWL program include the following:
- Be a second year student at FAU in 2014-2015 (Returning freshman or transfer student)
- Reside on second floor of Innovation Village South, designated for SOaring OWL participants
- Complete the 2014 – 2015 SYE SOaring OWL Housing Contract
Preliminary responsibilities for participants of the 2014-2015 SOaring OWL program include, but is not limited to, participation in the following:
- Welcome Back Social
- Attend Program Orientation in August (after classes begin).
- Attend 1 Social and 2 Education program’s per month.
- Attend at least one meeting with your faculty advisor per semester.
Participate in “Lunch and Learn Series” with faculty members
The 2014-2015 SYE SOaring OWL Housing Contract is in the approval stage and will be available mid-December. Please return to the Housing website periodically to complete the Housing Contract.