Sign Up To live On Campus in Jupiter Today!
Because the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College regards the residential life experience as a central component of its student development mission, students are required to live in the MacArthur campus residence halls for their three first years, unless they meet one or more of the following criteria.
- They are 24 years old or older.
- They are married.
- They have dependent children.
- They are US military veterans, returning from a tour of duty.
- They are entering the Wilkes Honors College as a transfer student with a fully completed associate of arts degree, which they pursued after high school, in which case they need only live on campus one year, unless their A.A. is from a community college honors program with an articulation agreement with the Honors College (such as PBSC), in which case they need not live on campus.
The above exemptions are automatic, provided that appropriate documentation is provided. Students with a medical condition, as certified by a licensed physician, making it impossible for them to live on campus, should present that documentation to the Wilkes Honors College Housing Exemptions Committee; medical exemptions are not automatic and must be approved by the committee in advance. Please click the "Exemption" link below for more information.
Because of their expected role as campus leaders, Flagler Scholars are required to live on the MacArthur campus until all of their graduation requirements are complete. Many scholarship programs include both a merit and a housing portion; students who do not live in the MacArthur campus residence halls will not receive the residence portion of their scholarships.
After their first three years, students may elect to live on campus on a space-available basis.
Contracts must be submitted online by logging into your "My FAU" account. Please follow the instructions below. If you have any questions while filling out your contract, you are welcome to call 561-799-8828.
To apply for housing, please follow the steps below:
- You must have a FAU student ID and password
- Login to MyFAU.fau.edu .
- Enter user name and password.
- Click on the "Students" tab.
- In the "Housing and Residential Life" channel, click on Housing Online.
- If you see a warning message click "continue".
- If prompted click "Login" under ApplyOnline.
- Depending on when you are applying for Housing, as well as which campus, you will see a drop-down menu of Housing Contract options. Select the correct contract term before clicking "next".
- Read through the entire contract before agreeing to it.
- Print a copy of the contract for your own records.
- If you are required to pay a deposit, the system will display a message.
- The next web page is the Housing Contract questions page. Answer all Housing Contract Questions as these answers are very important to us.
- You may select your preference for building and room type on the Living Preference page.
- If you are required to pay a deposit the system will forward you to the online payment site. You can pay by Credit Card or Electronic Check.
Upon successful completion and submission of your on-line contract, you will see a notification on your screen saying "Thanks for submitting your contract". A copy of this page will be sent to your FAU e-mail account. If you do not see the "Thanks for submitting your contract" page your submission failed. We will not be able to process your contract and you will have to resubmit the contract!
Jupiter Housing Brochure:
Semester Housing Rates for the
2014-2015 Academic Year
Single Room $4,300.00*
*Rates are Per Semester Per Student.
Request for Exemption:
All full-time Honors College students are required to live in University Housing for the first three years of enrollment. Exceptions are made for students who are at least 24 years of age, or students who are married, or have dependent children, or own a home prior to matriculation, or are honorably discharged US military veterans. Students who wish to be exempt must apply prior to the start of the academic year and need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All students are required to have a meal plan while living in University Housing. Meal Plan contracts will be signed as part of the check-in process at the start of the Fall and Spring semesters. Students can choose from a 19-meal plan covering all meals offered each week (required of all Freshmen) or a 14-meal plan which allows two meals per day.
For information on each meal plan, visit the dining services website .