University Honors Council
The Purpose of the University Honors Council is to:
- Serve as a subcommittee of the University Undergraduate Program Committee.
- Advise the University Undergraduate Programs Committee on curricular matters related to honors education at Florida Atlantic University, including whether:
- courses proposed for honors credit meet appropriate institutional standards.
- newly proposed upper-division honors programs meet the criteria established for such programs.
- Assist in the administration of the Faculty Honors Fellows Program.
- Promote cooperation among the various units that offer honors opportunities to high ability students at Florida Atlantic University.
- The Florida Atlantic University Honors Council will have eleven members, all chosen according to the appropriate policies in their colleges. (The Graduate College and the College of Biomedical Science are not represented on the University Honors Council since this body deals exclusively with the undergraduate curriculum.)
- The presence of six of the Council’s eleven voting members will be considered a quorum for the purposes of conducting business.
- The Dean of Undergraduate Studies, the Dean of the Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, and the Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Research will serve as ex-officio, non-voting members of the University Honors Council.
- It is strongly recommended that individuals elected to membership on the University Honors Council have experience in honors education at the faculty or administrative level either at Florida Atlantic University or at another institution.
Dr. Tom Atkins, Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
Dr. Fred Bloetscher, College of Engineering and Computer Science
Dr. William (Bill) Bosshardt, College of Business
Dr. Cynthia Blum, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing
Dr. Mare Cudic, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Dr. Ken Dawson-Scully, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Dr. Charles Dukes, College of Education
Dr. Mary Ann Gosser-Esquilín, Chair, Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters
Dr. Michael Harrawood, Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College
Dr. Diana Mitsova, College for Design and Social Inquiry
Dr. Miguel Á. Vázquez, Harriet L Wilkes Honors College
Dr. Donna Chamely-Wiik, Assistant Dean for Undergraduate Research, Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry
Dr. Ed Pratt, Dean, Undergraduate Studies
Dr. Ellen Goldey, Dean, Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College
For more information please click here to view the Honors Curriculum Manual.