Therefore, FAU shall work to establish multi-faceted campus-based efforts to create 100% tobacco-free environments including:
- Comprehensive, enforceable policies that prohibit tobacco use on college property and protect the campus community from secondhand smoke exposure.
- Access to evidence-based tobacco cessation programs.
- Building campus-based educational campaigns utilizing research to illustrate normative practices of non-tobacco users.
- Educating local governing boards to employ and enact comprehensive district policies within all FAU districts prohibiting the use of tobacco and nicotine products not regulated by the FDA for cessation purposes at any time in all buildings owned or leased, on college campuses or any district property, and in any college or district vehicles. This includes, but is not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, smokeless tobacco, snuff, chew, clove cigarettes, hookah and other nicotine-delivery devices, such as electronic cigarettes.
- Encouraging placement of tobacco-free signage at all entrances to university properties.