The Aquatic Animal Health Laboratory hosts a histology laboratory that provides routine services and can be accessed by FAU and external researchers on a fee-for-use basis.
Facility & Equipment
The AAHL Histology Laboratory is located at FAU Harbor Branch in room 105F of the Marine Science Lab II building.
- Shandon Excelsior ES Tissue Processor
- Thermo Scientific Histostar Embedding Station
- HM 355 S-2 Rotary Microtome
- Leica Autostainer XL
- Olympus CX40 microscope
- Lumenara Infinity 2 camera and software
Services & Facility Use
- Routine tissue processing, embedding and sectioning of paraffin samples
- Routine histological staining (H & E)
- Special staining on request
- Consultation and training for all histological procedures
Use of histology equipment may be scheduled by contacting Dr. Susan Laramore. All users are required to complete an initial equipment orientation.