Fri, 28 Nov 2014 20:35:23 +0000
Interested in graduate school? Attend our information session on December 5 from 5:00 - 6:30 p.m. in SU 80, Undergraduate Admissions Theatre (Room 125). Go here for more information and to register: http://fau.edu/graduate/prospective-students/info-sessions.php
The Graduate College has created a hour-long information sessions to provide you with an overview of Florida Atlantic University and our graduate...
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:40:16 +0000
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:29:15 +0000
We are proud to announce the establishment of the #FAU Graduate Student Research Fund! Graduate students across all disciplines require research funding in order to complete their graduate studies. FAU does not have a university-wide initiative to financially support graduate student research. The University Faculty Senate, University Graduate Council and the Graduate and Professional Student Association have all supported the establishment of a fund for this purpose. To model the way, newly appointed Graduate Dean, Dr. Deborah L. Floyd, has contributed $5,000 to establish this fund. Will you please join her in helping our graduate students by making a contribution to our newly founded Graduate Student Research Fund? Together, we can make a difference. Go here to support graduate student research: https://fauf.fau.edu/springboard/#/project/grad-research
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:48:05 +0000
Reminder: Today is the last day to submit final manuscript package to the Graduate College. Go here for more information: http://www.fau.edu/graduate/forms-and-procedures/fall-graduation.php
* Note: This form is used to revise a Plan of Study previously approved by the Graduate College. Most graduate students do not need to revise their Plan of Study. If it does become necessary to modify an approved Plan of Study, the revision form need only be completed once and may be submitted durin…
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:19:58 +0000
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:39:02 +0000
Pine Jog Elementary Principal and FAU Alumnus (Master’s in Educational Leadership) Wins Arthur r. Marshall foundation’s Josette Kaufman Leadership Award
Pine Jog Elementary School Principal Craig Sommer, who grew up in Boca Raton, says of his school administration duties, “When you love what you do, your job isn’t work ” CONTRIBUTED
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:28:35 +0000
Graduating fall 2014 graduate students are invited to celebrate! Go here to RSVP: http://fau.edu/graduate/gradcelebration.php
FAU Student Union, Majestic Palm lobby
Thursday, December 11, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Friday, December 12, 10:30 - noon and 2:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Come with your family and enjoy light refreshments! Capture the memory in our photobooth!
RSVP by December 3 and receive a free gift. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:25:21 +0000
Are you a graduate student interested in a graduate assistantship position? The Department of Educational Leadership is looking for masters or Ph.D. students to work as graduate assistants.
This position entails working directly with Dr. Daniel Reyes-Guerra and other grant managers on the DAVIE CAMPUS on the PROPEL (Principal Rapid Orientation and Preparation in Educational Leadership Program) grant.
The Graduate Assistant will be expected to WORK 20 HOURS per week on a schedule to be arranged with Dr. Reyes-Guerra. Doctoral students will be paid at a rate of $14.42/hour, Masters at $10.81/hour. The position will begin January 2015 and students will be eligible for UP TO 80% tuition waivers.
The Graduate Assistant MUST BE AVAILABLE SATURDAYS.
Applicants must be full-time (9 credit hours or more) Master’s or Doctoral level students at FAU who demonstrate:
• Good social skills (efficient and courteous) when working directly with fellow graduate assistants and program staff, graduate level program participants, school district administrators from Broward County Public Schools, and doctoral-level professors.
• Excellent communication (written & oral) skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to assist with planning, organizing, and attending program meetings.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.), AdobeAcrobat9Pro, other webpage software.
• Completion of CITI requirements for researchers mandated by the FAU IRB.
• Experience with research processes (literature searches, writing literature reviews, collecting and analyzing data).
• Experience with survey research, interview, and/or focus groups.
• Experience with SPSS preferred.
• Working knowledge areas of school improvement, school governance, social justice in educational leadership, international school leadership, and strategic leadership theories, school leader development programs, and teacher leadership development programs preferred.
For further information, please contact Dr. Reyes-Guerra at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hayley Wilson at email@example.com or 954-236-1654. Be sure to send a cover letter, resume, two (2) professional references, and a writing sample.