Through collaboration with graduate students and faculty, the Graduate Student Research Scholarship program was launched in the spring of 2015 as a pilot program originally called the Graduate Research and Inquiry Program (GRIP) Grant. The GRIP Grant program has since evolved into the endowment known as the Graduate Student Research Scholarship Fund. Stay tuned for details about the Graduate Student Research Scholarship Fund this spring 2016!
Pilot Graduate Research & Inquiry Program (GRIP) Grant
The Graduate Research and Inquiry Program (GRIP) is intended to assist and encourage doctoral, masters, and professional students by providing funding for scholarly research projects. This pilot program will award: Individual Research Grant Awards up to $1,500 and Interdisciplinary Team Project Grant Awards up to $4000. Establishing the GRIP Grant demonstrates the university’s efforts to propel Florida Atlantic University towards being recognized as an elite international research center of excellence, creativity and innovation. The GRIP Grant program funding is designed for Individual Research as well as Team Research projects, while also encouraging students to seek external funding.
Student Eligibility and Grant Requirements
- Graduate applicants must be active, degree-seeking, and in good academic standing when applying for the GRIP Grant as well as for the duration of the project.
- Recipients may only receive one award per academic year, whether it be an individual grant or team grant award.
- Applicants must submit a faculty mentor's letter from a faculty mentor
- Award recipients must present research and inquiry projects at the Graduate and Professional Research Day event in the spring.
- A progress report must be submitted at the end of the first and second semesters after the awardee has accepted the funds.
- The awardee(s) must reference the GRIP Grant in any presentations and/or publications that the funds supported.
- Students are encouraged to have IRB/IACUC approval or to have an application in process prior to submitting their GRIP Grant proposal.
Click here for additional eligibility requirements.