Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines
Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines are established and approved by the the University Graduate Council (UGC). View the current Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines by clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
Publishing and binding fee information for dissertations and manuscripts are included in the submission checklist below.
The Graduate College offers periodic workshops on Thesis and Dissertation writing and how to properly format a Thesis or Dissertation in Microsoft Word.
During the Fall 2013 semester, Microsoft Word Formatting Workshops will be offered on the following dates:
- Monday, October 7, 9:30--11:00 a.m. Computer Center (CM-22) Room 146, Boca Raton campus
- Friday, October 11, 1:30--3:00 p.m. Computer Center(CM-22) Room 146, Boca Raton campus
- Thursday, October 17, 2:00--3:30 p.m. Business Building (BU 86) Room 401, Boca Raton campus
- Thursday, October 24, 6:00--7:30 p.m. Business Building (BU 86) Room 405, Boca Raton campus
- Thursday, October 31, 4:00--5:30 p.m. Business Building (BU 86) Room 405, Boca Raton campus
To register for the Formatting Workshops, click here.
The Degree Completion staff members within the Graduate College are available to assist students with formatting questions and University regulations pertaining to a thesis or dissertation. However, they do not provide editing services. The Degree Completion staff is available by appointment only. To schedule assistance with your manuscript, please email GraduateSupport@fau.edu.
Click here to view Dissertation Defense Announcements for the current semester.
Click here to view Thesis and Dissertation Deadlines.