Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
Please click on an item below to read the answer:
- Residency for tuition purposes
- What are the Basic Requirements for Florida Residency?
- How do I determine if I'm a dependent student or an independent student?
- How do I prove financial independence?
- Who is my "claimant"?
- What do I need to provide to prove my claim for Florida residency?
- Qualification by Exception
- I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes?
- Important things to know about establishing Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Appeal Procedures
I am a Non-U.S Citizen. Do I qualify as a Florida Resident for Tuition Purposes?
Non-US citizens such as permanent resident aliens, parolees, asylees, and other legal aliens granted indefinite stay who have applied and been approved by the U.S. Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, and non-immigrants holding eligible visas may be considered as Florida residents for tuition purposes, provided they meet the 12 month Florida residency requirements.
Eligible Immigration Documentation and Visa Categories:
- Permanent Resident Card
- Alien Registration Receipt Card I-551
- Passport stamped "Processed for I-551 Temporary Evidence of Law for Permanent Residence" with date
- Notice of Action Letter I-797 stating approved for permanent residency
- Employment Authorization Card with valid category A1-A09, C09, C24 or C25
- Parolee I-94 Arrival/Departure Record stamped "Paroled pursuant to [Provision of Law & Date]"
- Asylee I-94 Arrival /Departure Record stamped "Asylum Status Granted"
- Asylum Office Letter stating request for asylum has been granted
- Order of an Immigration Judge stating application for asylum has been granted
- Refugee I-94 Arrival/Departure Record stamped "Admitted as a Refugee pursuant to Section 207 of the Act"
- Passport stamped " Admitted as Refugee pursuant to Section 207 of the Act"
- Eligible Visa categories: A, E, G, H-1B, H-1C ( classification expires 12-2-2011), I, K, L, N, NATO 1-7, O-1, R, S, T, U and V