Degree Seeking Students
Applying for Admission
The Graduate College processes all applications for graduate studies at FAU through an online application system. In addition to your online application, many of FAU's graduate degree programs require additional materials such as supplemental applications, letters of recommendation, and personal statements. Many of these items can be uploaded during the online application process. It may be helpful to print these instructions to assist you during the application process.
Identify the Graduate Degree Program to which you are applying. Most graduate programs have admission requirements in addition to those required by the Graduate College. Supplemental application information and forms are available here.
Determine your desired term of entry based on Degree Program Application Deadlines for domestic students.
- As a reminder, applications for admission will not be processed more than one year in advance of the program's application deadline date.
- Applications submitted after the degree program deadline date will be processed for the next appropriate semester.
- Please Note: Not every degree program starts three times per year.
Assemble the information needed for the online portion of the application. Access to the following will expedite completion of the online application:
- Dates of attendance at previous colleges/ universities.
- Valid credit card for the non-refundable $30 application fee.Please Note: Applicants may also mail the application fee to the Graduate College by check or money order. Fees are Payable to the Graduate College and should be sent to: Florida Atlantic University, Graduate College, SU-80, Room 101, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
- For students claiming Florida Residency for tuition purposes, state voter registration number, driver's license number and FL vehicle registration number.
- Official Test Scores from the GRE or GMAT/EXADEP:
- FAU's school code for the GRE is 5229
- FAU's school code for the GMAT is 9LX
- FAU's school code for the EXADEP is 5229
- Current email address (this will be used by the Graduate College to contact you while your application is being processed by FAU.
Conduct: If you answer "yes" to the following question, you will need to provide information regarding the violation(s), dates of the violation(s) and penalties imposed.
- Have you ever been charged with a violation of the law, misdemeanor and/or felony (even if adjudication was withheld) which resulted in, or, if still pending could result in, probation, community service, restitution, a jail sentence or the revocation or suspension of your driver's license (you are not required to include traffic violations which only resulted in a fine)?
- Are you currently, or have you ever been, charged with or subject to disciplinary action for scholastic (such as plagiarism or cheating) or any other type of behavioral misconduct at any educational institution? You do not need to disclose academic dismissal, suspension, or probation for poor grades.
Assemble required documentation to complete your application to graduate school:
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts from the Registrar of each college or university you have attended are to be sent to the Graduate College. Please Note: Applicants who previously attended FAU do not need to send their FAU transcripts to the Graduate College.
- Foreign Credential Evaluation: The Graduate College requires all applicants to graduate programs whose transcripts are from foreign institutions to have their credentials evaluated by a professional evaluation service. Click here for more information about NACES evaluations and details regarding credential evaluation requirements for individual degree programs. Click here for information about internal evaluations. Applications cannot be processed until these evaluations are received.
- Application fees, test scores, official transcripts, and foreign credential evaluations must be sent to: Florida Atlantic University, Graduate College, SU-80, Room 101, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431
Letters of Recommendation. Many of FAU's graduate programs require letters of recommendation. Begin by completing the online application. If you were not prompted to enter the recommender information into the application, please submit your recommendation letters to your graduate program.
Follow the steps below to begin your online application:
- Go to https://owlapp.fau.edu
- Log in by completing "First Time Applicants" form or entering email/password and clicking "Login"
- Complete the online Graduate Application
The application does not have to be completed in one sitting. For applicants who have compiled the information listed in section 3, it should take about 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application. The completion and submission of your online graduate application with your electronic signature is accepted as a legal signature, recognized by Florida statutes.