International Travel Registry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

For more information regarding the International Travel Registry, please read through our frequently asked questions.  For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.


1.) What constitutes international travel?

FAU designates international travel as travel to any and all destinations outside of the fifty states of the USA, Puerto Rico, and Virgin Islands .  Travel to/from a foreign country will be considered travel abroad for the purpose of this registry.

2.) What is the purpose and benefit of the International Travel Registry?

The FAU International Travel Registry is a secure portal for travelers which allows the University to collect information and provide support to those traveling abroad for University-affiliated programs or activities.  Information provided will be used to support FAU in providing guidance on international travel and to conduct outreach during perceived and real emergency situations abroad.

3.) What constitutes University-affiliated international travel?

For the purpose of the International Travel Registry, University-affiliated international travel includes but is not limited to: international conferences, symposium, performances, research, volunteer projects, service-learning, site visits, athletic competitions, and meetings that are organized outside of approved FAU Education Abroad programming.  If you are unsure if your travel is University-affiliated and must be registered through the FAU International Travel Registry, please contact the Director of Education Abroad.

4.) Who should register?

The FAU International Travel Registry is required for students and recommended for faculty/staff who are traveling on U. Students who are participating in an FAU-approved study abroad program do not complete that International Travel Registry as their travel is registered through the Education Abroad application and admission process.

5.) When should travelers register?

Student travelers must register their international travel (regardless of duration of time abroad) and provide required supporting documentation no less than two weeks prior to their departure date.  Travel registration should take AFTER University-approvals and procedures are obtained. The Education Abroad office is not responsible or authorized for approving international travel outside of Education Abroad programming.

6.) What information must be registered?

International travelers will provide information regarding the purpose of the travel, a copy of the passport being used for international travel, flight and accommodation details, and contact information for designated emergency contacts both in the USA and abroad.  Please note registering your University-travel is NOT TRAVEL APPROVAL.  Your travel approval comes from the sponsoring college, division, unit, center, or organization overseeing your international travel.

Privacy Policy | University Regulations and Policies | Emergency Information | Get Help | Contact Us

An Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution
© Copyright 2016. Florida Atlantic University.
Florida Atlantic University
 Last Modified 2/6/18