Standards of Excellence
Each year the Fraternity & Sorority Life conducts the Standards of Excellence process. This process is set up to recognize and award those chapters that are operating at high level and exceeding expectations as well as providing an opportunity for a chapter to be reflective on the past year.
There are eight core areas of excellence that are awarded, as well as individual award opportunities
February 24-27, 2014 Standards of Excellence Office Hours: Chapters can stop by Fraternity and Sorority Life to inquire about their nomination packet, submission, etc. and ensure correct procedure was followed
February 28, 2014 Standards of Excellence nominations due, submitted through OwlCentral, along with selecting times for presentation, interview and feedback dates
March 10-14, 2014 Chapter Award presentations, Individual Award presentations
March 24-27, 2014 Chapter feedback
April 13, 2014 Standards of Excellence Banquet
You will be required to select a time and date for all presentations by February 28, 2014. The sign up list for Chapter Award and Individual Award presentations is located, from February 24-28, at the front desk in Student Involvement & Leadership. Please plan to send an officer to sign up during that time frame. More details are below.
· Applications turned in after 5 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2014
· Applications not adhering to ALL eligibility and submission guidelines
· Applications with false or misleading information (this action may also result in judicial charges)
· You will be asked to create a presentation of 45 minutes that demonstrates your chapter’s performance in each of the eight core Chapter Excellence areas. When creating the presentation, chapter representatives should address not only how their chapter has met the objective of that category, but also how effective they were in doing so. You should NOT list basic answers to the questions below, rather, explain more in-depth how the activity, event or program met the criterion for that category. Emphasize how chapter members are impacted by, participate in, and live these aspects within the chapter. You should seek to answer the questions, how, what, and why. Up to five and no less than three active chapter members must be present for the presentation.
· There will be two separate submission forms through OwlCentral (the links will be available under Campus Links once logged into Owl Central). One for the Chapter awards and one for the Individual awards. For each one please submit as a PDF document, double spaced in 12 pt. font. Both PDF documents must include all categories your chapter wants to be judged upon. Each category must be on its own page, so categories are easily organized.
· Judges for Standards of Excellence will be FAU faculty and staff chosen by Fraternity and Sorority Life staff members
· Fraternity and Sorority Life Staff members are NOT eligible to write letters of recommendation for any awards
· Each packet will be reviewed and scored by at least three judges. Their scores will be averaged to achieve the official chapter score
· Fraternity and Sorority Life Staff will judge and review packets for the Fraternity and Sorority Hall of Fame category
The eight core areas to be awarded for chapter standards of excellence are:
· Academic Excellence
· Leadership Excellence
· Member Education Excellence
· Fraternity and Sorority Relations Excellence
· Community Service Excellence
· Philanthropic Excellence
· Living Your Ritual Excellence
· Brotherhood/Sisterhood Excellence
You can access the 2014 Standards of Excellence information packet HERE ! For further questions regarding the Standards of Excellence packet contact Katie Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org . The Standards of Excellence Ceremony will take place Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 10 a.m. Chapters will be sent information to RSVP a specific amount of members.