FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program
In addition to the Short Term Advance, eligible Financial Aid recipients may receive a $400 line of credit for textbook purchases from the FAU Bookstore. The line of credit can be used for online and in store textbook purchases only. The amount of the line of credit used will be posted as a charge to the student's FAU account. Students who meet the eligibility criteria listed below will be notified of their eligibility for this program via their FAU email.
The program is available starting Monday of the week prior to the start of each term and expires in store at 5 p.m. on Friday of drop/add week. The FAU Bookstore will confirm the student's eligibility for this program (and notify students whose program eligibility is not confirmed) as part of the order fulfillment process.
FAU BOOKSTORE LINE OF CREDIT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
To be eligible to participate in the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program for a given semester, the student must be meeting ALL of the eligibility criteria below PRIOR to the following semester deadline dates:
- Fall 2019 : August 22, 2019
- Spring 2020 (POTS 1,2,4,5): January 16, 2020
- Spring 2020 (POTS 3,6) : March 19, 2020
- Summer 2020 (POTS 1,2) : May 21, 2020
- Summer 2020(POT 3) : July 5, 2020
- The student must be admitted to a degree granting program at FAU
- The student must have an accepted financial aid offer
- The student must not have a previous A/R balance with FAU.
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time (see the Financial Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid Offerfor definition of half time)
- The student must have a Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress status which is eligible for financial aid (students may review their Satisfactory Academic Progress status on the Financial Aid Status tile of MYFAU Self Service).
- As the line of credit will be repaid from your aid disbursements, the student must not have any disbursed aid for the current term.
- As the line of credit program is a non-institutional charge, the student must provide FAU authorization to apply any federal financial aid funds disbursed to their account towards any non-institutional charges on their account for the same aid year (see below for authorization details).
FEDERAL FUNDS AUTHORIZATION:
Program regulations permit students to authorize use of Title IV financial aid funds for non-institutional expenses (such as books, parking, health fees, etc.). If you are eligible for Federal financial aid in excess of tuition and fees, and you wish to use this excess to cover non-institutional charges including books, you must authorize Florida Atlantic University to pay these charges from your account balance.
You may provide this authorization (or confirm that you have an authorization on file) by completing the following steps:
- Sign into MYFAU with your FAU credentials
- Click/tap the "Money Matters!" tile
- Click/tap the "Short Term Advance Application" tile
- Click/tap the "FAU Title IV Federal Authorization Form" tile
This authorization is valid for fundsin excess of tuition and fees, based on your financial aid eligibility and enrollment status.
You may rescind this authorization at any time. If the authorization is rescinded, future Title IV aid disbursements applied to your account will not pay any non-institutional charges. Please be aware that ANY unpaid past-due charges on your account will prohibit you from future FAU registration, obtaining transcripts, and may result in the assessment of additional late payment and/or collection fees in the future.
As part of meeting the eligibility criteria for the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit Program listed above, you must submit your FAU Title IV Federal Authorization form PRIOR to the semester deadline date(s) posted above.
Note: When processing a transaction using the FAU Bookstore Line of Credit option (referred to as the “student financial aid” option at checkout), and the order exceeds your approved and available line of credit amount, you will need to provide an alternate option of payment before submitting your order. If no other payment option is on the order, the order will not be processed.