- Scholarship Named In Honor Of Fau College Of Business Professor
- FAU's College of Business has announced that the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) South Florida Chapter's annual scholarship fund has been named in honor of Peter Ricci, Ph.D., director of hospitality management. Applications for the HSMAI South Florida Dr. Peter Ricci Honorary Scholarship Award, for students pursuing careers in hospitality sales and marketing, management or revenue management, are now being accepted.
- FAU Breaks Ground on Memory and Wellness Center Extension
- FAU's Louis and Anne Green Memory and Wellness Center of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing recently broke ground on a 5,000-square-foot extension to the Center on the Boca Raton campus. The extension, which will be connected to the current Center via a covered walkway, is expected to be completed in late 2013. The Memory and Wellness Center will be open during construction and is accepting applications for current and future openings for participants in the Center program.
- FAU Recognizes Global Nursing Scholar as Distinguished Teacher of the Year
- Rhonda Goodman, Ph.D., A.R.N.P., F.N.P.-B.C., N.C.S.N., A.H.N.-B.C., an assistant professor in FAU's College of Nursing, recently received the 2013 Distinguished Teacher of the Year Award at the 44th annual Honors Convocation. The Distinguished Teacher of the Year is one of the most prestigious awards a faculty member can receive because it is determined exclusively by FAU students in a four-month-long process. FAU recognized Goodman for her record of involving her students in global outreach efforts.
- FAU to Collaborate with Motorola Mobility and Google on New Mobile Applications
- FAU's National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center — Center for Advanced Knowledge Enablement (I/UCRC-CAKE) has partnered with Motorola Mobility to work on a joint-research project relating to the development of state-of-the-art mobile applications for various mobile platforms. Motorola Mobility, powered by Google, has provided $175,000 for I/UCRC-CAKE membership and project funding, along with $1.3 million of equipment for mobile-system development in support of CAKE.
- Living Room Theaters
Foreign and Independent Films
Press Release Archive >
Watch FAU Featured Video
FAU Medical School Celebration
Visit FAU on YouTube
SCENE@FAU Visit the Photo Gallery
News & Information
David J. Lewkowicz, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology, Charles E. Schmidt College of Science
Dr. David J. Lewkowicz an internationally known expert on infant perceptual development. He is past president of the International Society on Infant Studies, as well as an elected fellow of the Association for Psychological Science and the American Psychological Association. At FAU, Lewkowicz is the director of the Child Development Laboratory, where he and his team investigate the development of audio-visual perception and integration, temporal perception and sequence learning in human infants. Their goal is to discover the perceptual underpinnings of the development of attention, speech, language and social understanding in human infancy and, potentially, to provide insights into the causes of developmental disabilities. Lewkowicz's research is funded by NSF and NIH grants. A recent award totaling more than $1.5 million will allow him to study perceptual narrowing and the development of perceptual expertise in infancy.
- Dr. Leonard Berry, environmental studies, has been selected as a co-author on the National Climate Assessment (NCA)...
- Dr. Oge Marques, engineering, recently released his textbook, Practical Image and Video Processing Using MATLAB...
- Carol Prusa, visual arts and art history, was recently awarded the Herbert Ubertalli Award for Visual Arts from the Palm Beach County Cultural Council...
- Complete Highlights
(updated February 2012) >