Scientific DiversResearch diving under the auspices of Florida Atlantic University may only be conducted by qualified scientific divers who are sanctioned by the Diving and Boating Safety Committee.
Scientific Diver requirements:
- Be authorized by the Diving Safety Officer
- Have a current Application to the Scientific Diving Program on file.
- Have a current FAU Release of Liability Waiver on file.
- Have a current Equipment Statement of Understanding on file.
Personal dive gear must be inspected annually and proof provided to the
- Have a current diving physical on file.
- Be current with CPR/First-Aid.
- Be current with DAN Oxygen First-Aid Provider (within two years).
Required forms can be downloaded at: http://www.fau.edu/facilities/ehs/safety/diving-boating-safety-forms.php
To Contact the Diving Safety Officer:
Diving Safety Officer Florida Atlantic University
Building 69 Room 112
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
After hours or in the event of emergency: