"An Online Journal Addressing Attitudes, Anxiety, Confidence, and Best Practices in the Teaching of Mathematics Pre-K and Beyond"
Weblinks/ Resources for Mathematics Educators and the Math Anxious
Math Anxiety Websites
- Mastering College Stress and Anxiety
- College can be rewarding and enriching, and a ticket to gainful employment in a variety of careers. It is also an environment where deadlines, large amounts of homework, and hours of intense study are common with routine tests. Because of demanding classes and other worries stress is common in college. The pressure students face to get the best possible grades and graduate can lead to or aggravate anxiety disorders.
- Math Power and Professor Freedman's Math Help Website
- A great website for help with math and many resources for helping with math anxiety. Great ideas for teachers to help address math anxiety with their students. A site worth checking out! http://www.mathpower.com/
- Coping with Math Anxiety Website
- A great website for teaching anyone to cope with their math anxiety with strategies for overcoming and reducing math anxiety while gaining confidence to do mathematics.
Math Anxiety Resources
- This website provides many resources like books and websites to help address math anxiety.
- Conquering Math Anxiety
- Conquering Math Anxiety- A Self-Help Workbook with CD, 2nd Edition, 2003, Brooks/Cole Publishers. 2 nd Edition on Amazon
Mathematics Teacher Websites/ Resources
- Business, Math & Money Games for Students
- Play games to build your skills and knowledge and you can have fun while you learn!
- A great resource for teaching fractions to students
- A great website for developing good study habits toward learning math with videos, math tests, reviews and free software.
- Math Games and Activities
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NCTM is the main mathematics education association in the USA with a wealth of resources.
- Illuminations Math Activities Website
- A great website with virtual math manipualtives, math activities, lesson plans and ideas, so much for the math teacher.
- History of Mathematics Website
- This website provides a great deal of information about the history of mathematics.
- The Math Website
- A world of mathematics online for all grades Pre-K through College.
- Math Archives
- An ideal website to find anything you need to know about math. With software downloads and so much good information, ie. history of math, etc
- Ask Dr. Math
- A great website to find out anything you want to know about mathematics.
- ERIC Research Database
- ERIC is an excellent database for searching for any topic related to education. This site is great for college students and researchers alike who need up-to-date articles, books, presentations, etc. related to education.
- Project MIND
- Hooda Math: Games, movies, tutorials, and worksheets
- Great resources for math teachers of any grade level and parents
Mathematics Technology Links
- A great math resource with many math technology links for helping to better learning mathematics.
- A great website with many resources for becoming good at math and working with fractions. The website provides many resources which provide a lot of fun interactive games and examples related to fractions.
- Fun School
- A great site for students to learn all subjects. Many great resources for teachers.
- Cool Math Website
- A fantastic math website with many neat things to do for students of all ages. A great resource for math teachers.
- Beacon Learning Center Lesson Plans
- An excellent website with Standards-based lesson plans for all subjects. All tested and tried lessons. A wealth of resources with tech-links.
- Marcopolo Standards-Based Lessons
- Marcopolo Standards-Based Lessons based on national standards from all discipline related educational organizations. Check out the NCTM Illuminations link.
- Align to Achieve: The Academic Standards e-Library
- This website provides most US state standards in all subjects along with the standards from Japan. Overall, a standards-based library of resources.
- US Department of Education
- This website provides curriculum and research-based best practices for teaching mathematics along with a wealth of other resources.
- NSF Funded Mathematics Curricula Programs
- This website shares and has links to NSF funded mathematics curriculum programs.
- New Common Core Math Standards
- The Common Core State Standards Initiative is a state-led effort to establish a shared set of clear educational standards for English language arts and mathematics that states can voluntarily adopt.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- A website of Virtual Math Manipulatives by Utah State University. An excellent resources for students and teachers for learning mathematics.
- Fun Math Lessons
- This webiste has so many great math lessons with hands-on manipulatives ideas.
- King's List of On-line Math Activities
- This website is an excellent website for teaching/learning almost any math concept up to Algebra. It has many links and hands-on active-based ways to learn math concepts. It is filled with a wealth of resources.
- Virtual Manipulatives Math Links Website
- This website has hundreds of links for learning any math concept using math manipulatives and a hands-on active approach. A wealth a resources for anyone.
- How to Make the Most of Math Manipulatives by Marilyn Burns
- Marilyn Burns, the math manipulatives guru, shares the importance and must for using math manipulatives while giving example lessons. A website supported by Scholastic.
- ETA/Cuisenaire Math Manipulatives Company Website
- This ETA/Cuisenaire Math Manipulatives Company Website is a great site to see all the current math manipulatives and order any that you would like for your classroom. Many great resources.