Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Exceptional Student Education is offering a grant-funded graduate program providing the opportunity to earn the Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) endorsement.
- Grant funding covers tuition. Textbooks and transportation fees will be the responsibility of participants.
- Time to complete the program depends on the course sequence (when each course is offered during each semester in the program).
- You can enroll in the FAU ASD classes as a non-degree-seeking student. Please visit http://www.fau.edu/registrar/registration/non-degree.php to apply as non-degree seeking.
- Please note that some courses require prerequisites.
- Students admitted to Project I2 must meet the ESE Department degree master's course completion requirements throughout the program to maintain enrollment in Project I2.
- Project I2 ASD courses (see chart below) cover all of the FDOE competencies in ASD.
- Project I2 has a service obligation requirement.
The following courses are required for all Project I2 participants:
|EEX 6095 Nature & Characteristics of ASD||Fall and Summer||None|
|EEX 6210 Diagnosis, Assessment & Instructional Decision Making for Students with ASD||Summer||EEX 2010 or EEX 4070 or EEX 5051 or EEX 6095 or equivalent|
|EEX 6298 Intervention: Social, Communication, Academic & Functional Skills for Students with ASD||Fall||EEX 2010 or EEX 4070 or EEX 5051 or EEX 6095 or equivalent|
|EEX 6602 Behavior Change & Management||Summer||EEX 5612 with grade of B or higher; enrollment in graduate degree program in ESE or closely related major OR permission from instructor (closely related majors include CEDU, COED, CRIN-CIYN, CUIN, ELEM, EPSY)|
|EEX 5612 Applied Behavior Analysis||Fall and Spring||No prerequisite|