Observations: The 25 Required Hours
Take the HIPAA course:
The Program Assistant will give your name and e-mail address to email@example.com; for our HIPAA training module.
Print out your certificate and give it to the Program Assistant who will scan it and put it into your personal record.)
Three ways to obtain observation hours:
- 1-Sign up with the Program Assistant to observe in the CDC
- 2-Sign up with Master Clinician Network
- 3-Get the required letter from the Clinic Director, for Broward Health Centers
Communication Disorders Clinic (CDC)
Sign up with the Program Assistant
Master Clinician Network
Go to masterclinician.org and click on "Sign Up".
- Click on "Student Registration".
- Fill in all of the information (leave registration code blank) making sure to select your "Graduate" university, and click on "Submit".
- The one-year student membership fee is $35.
- Complete Observations
- Sign in to Master Clinician Network
- Check your "Office Page" to see if you have been assigned a video(s) to watch
- If you have been assigned a video, click on the name of the video (skip #3, #4 below)
- Click on the "Clinical Videos" menu and find a video to watch
- You can use the drop down menus to search by age, disorder, clinician, patient, etc.
- Click on the video
- Click on the "Background" and "Summary" tabs to read information about the client
- Watch the video
- Click on the "Observation" tab and complete all of the questions
- Select the name of the faculty member from the drop-down menu at the bottom of an observation report.
- Click on "Submit"
Get the required letter for observing at a Broward Medical Center from the Clinic Director, and go to a Broward Health facility
Fill out the attached Observation Form, and get Supervisors’ initials, etc.
Completed Observation Forms/Logs
Give copies of your completed Observation Forms to the Department Chair and Program Assistant (save the original for your own records).