Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Center for IDEAs promotes the academic and personal growth of traditionally underserved students. The office collaborates with the campus community to create an institutional and community climate of social justice. We promote access and equity in higher education and offer programs that educate the campus about diversity. In addition, we incorporate student learning and development; enhance student overall educational experiences; provide access to academic, social, cultural, recreational and other group activities; provide opportunities for intentional interaction, engagement and integration.
The Center for IDEAs offers educational programs that foster and sustain an environment that promotes academic excellence, values difference, and inclusiveness.
CORE VALUE STATEMENT
The Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs believes in the following:
- We are timely in providing programs, services and facilities to meet the needs of our changing student body;
- We remain current on student issues, concerns, professional practices, and expectations by participating in local and national staff development programs and activities;
- We incorporate student feedback and current research to create, refine and provide distinctive programs, services and facilities that support the academic success of students;
- We actively seek opportunities to cultivate relationships, develop common goals and engage in partnerships that enhance student experiences;
- We value our commitment to the university by serving as role models for current and prospective students in support of its mission and purpose;
- We provide leadership for the future of the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and the university;
- We maintain the highest professional, social, and personal standards of conduct;