This course will present an historical perspective on the lives and times of personalities who achieved high artistic merit. We will examine the dynamics that contributed to their successes, and in some cases, the uproar that their works precipitated. Each artistic personality is unique in motivation and desire. We will uncover some of their working methodology and examine the times in which they created. Archival images and films will enrich the lectures.
- Toulouse Lautrec & Montmartre Nothing escaped his prying eye.
- Alphonse Mucha His name is synonymous with Art Nouveau.
- Cleopatras Dramas The last Pharaoh and her glorious Ancient Egypt.
- Salvador Dali I am Surrealism.
- Walt Whitman & Winslow Homer Both stood alone as men and artists.
- Bernard Berenson & Joseph Duveen The collusion between the eminent art critic and the successful art dealer.
- Auguste Rodin & Camille Claudel Lovers and pioneers of Modern Sculpture.
- Maya Lin & Frederick Hart Architect and sculptor best known for their stunning public works.
|Course # W8F2 Eight Weeks|
| ||Place:||Lifelong Learning Complex, Jupiter Campus|
| ||Dates:||Fridays Jan. 17, 24, 31; Feb. 7, 14, 21, 28; March 7|
| ||Time:||11:15 a.m. 12:45 p.m.|
| ||Fee:||$68 / member; $98 / non-member|