- There are NO refunds after lectures begin. You may transfer to another lecture or
lecture series, providing it is not sold out.
- No credits will be issued for use in subsequent semesters.
- There are NO refunds for annual membership or the University Fee for Parking, Safety
and Maintenance, unless you only registered for one lecture series and it is cancelled.
The parking permit must be returned in order to receive a refund.
- If payment was made by check and you request a refund, the last four digits of your
Social Security number and your direct deposit informaiton must be submitted with the refund request.
- All requests for refunds must be in writing and signed. Requests must be received in
the LLS Office before the date of the first lecture.
- A $10 fee per person, per lecture series will be charged for each refund. A $5 fee per
person, per one-time event / lecture will be charged for each refund.
- A $10 fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged LLS Photo ID card.
- A $15 fee will be charged to replace a lost or damaged FAU hangtag.
The LLS Office reserves the right to cancel any offering, or substitute an instructor for administrative reasons. In case of cancellation, full refunds will be issued to registrants. Refunds will not be issued for the reason “not receiving a confirmation.” If you have not received your confirmation by the week before lectures begin, call the office at 561-297-3185.
TRANSFERS AND DROPS:
- Request for transfers and drops must be in writing, and an evaluation form for the series
from which you are transferring must be completed.
- Forms are available in the LLS Office. A signature is required.
- No transfers are allowed between campuses.
ATTENDING EVENING LECTURES:
In order to secure parking, which at times may be difficult, you are encouraged to arrive at your evening lecture or event one-half hour prior to starting time. Parking Permits are required for evening series. The price at the door for one-time events/lectures will be the non-member fee, even if you are a member. One-time events do not require a parking tag.
EXPECTATIONS OF AUDIENCE MEMBERS:
Members of the university community are expected to respect and obey all regulations and policies of the University and all local, state, and federal laws. They are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that exemplifies respect for others.
- If you have registered for lectures or one-time events and possess your photo patron ID card, you have the ability to allow a friend or relative to use your photo patron ID card to gain admittance to any lecture which you are not able to attend. We require that you give your photo ID card as well as a written or typed note to the person whom you would like to attend in your absence. Your friend or relative must show your photo patron ID card at the door and present this note from you giving permission to use the card. Each note must include your full name, patron ID number (the number on your card) and the name and patron ID number (if applicable) of the person using your card.
- Online registration is available for members only. You can take advantage of member benefits right now by doing both (joining as a member and registering for lectures) online. You can become a new member or renew your membership at the same time that you register for your lectures online at llsreg.org.
- In order to secure parking, which at times may be difficult, you are encouraged to arrive at your lecture or event at least one-half hour prior to starting time.
Lot 12 is the lot designated for parking for the courtesy shuttle bus to/from the Friedberg Auditorium. As a convenience and service to our patrons, door-to-door shuttle service is
provided on certain days at specified hours, depending on enrollments. The schedule of shuttle service is available in the Gilman Lobby of the Friedberg Auditorium or on the LLS website at www.fau.edu/lls, under Shuttle Service Schedule.
Guests can purchase daily parking hangtags in the Gilman Lobby of the Friedberg Auditorium at a cost of
$2.00 each. Alternatively, a metered parking pay station is available at the south side of Lot 15. For information on parking, please see the Directions and Parking Section on the LLS website, www.fau.edu/lls, and the schedule book. If you have a parking tag, you may not park at pay stations or parking meters. They are for visitors only.