Minimum Requirements for Applicants
By the time of application
- All course work necessary for the title of doctoral candidate including comprehensive exams.
- Acceptance of dissertation proposal by dissertation committee no later than the APPIC application date.
- A minimum of 400 cumulative supervised hours in direct clinical service at the time of application.
- Clinical experience with college student population preferred.
- Experience with personality and intelligence assessment measures, two integrated reports.
Applicants for the 2015-2016 training year will be applying through the APPIC match and using the APPIC application for psychology internship (AAPI). Our match code number 228211.
The internship selection process involves two steps:
The first step is a review of application materials, including the AAPI completed online, cover letter, current curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, with at least two from clinical supervisors who will speak directly about the quality of your clinical work and your engagement in clinical supervision, and official graduate transcripts. Our application deadline is November 06, 2015. Following the review of applications, our selection committee selects a list of finalists who are assessed as having experiences and goals that are identified as being a "good fit" with the training expectations at our site. We will notify applicants about selection as finalists by December 4, 2015 .
The second step of the selection process involves participation in interviews with members of the staff. Interviews will be held in person or via Skype the week of January 4 – 8th, 2016 . This internship site agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any intern applicant.
We wish you the best in your internship application process. Please feel free to contact me with any questions about our program. You may reach me by telephone 561-297-3540 or preferably by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amber Lyda, Psy.D.
Assistant Director & Director of Training
FAU Counseling and Psychological Services