March 27, 2020 - 4:00 p.m.
Remote Instruction Extended Until Further Notice
Remote Working Extended Until Further Notice
All Students Who Can Return Home Should Return Home
Traditional On-Campus Commencement Ceremonies Cancelled
- Remote instruction has been extended until further notice. Professors are providing information to students about their individual classes. Students with general questions should contact the Dean of Students office (561-297-3542, email@example.com).
- All students who can return home should return home. Students who need accommodations should contact the Housing and Residential Education office at 561-297-2880 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students currently on campus should inform their area desk office.
- Traditional on-campus commencement ceremonies scheduled to be held in May have been cancelled. FAU will develop alternate schedules or methods of delivery for these commencement ceremonies. Every effort will be made to ensure students and their families are given the opportunity to participate in a future commencement ceremony.
- FAU remains open; Professional units have transitioned to remote work until further notice; does not apply to those designated by their supervisor as operating necessary services; essential services are still being provided, potentially on a limited basis or remotely.
- Research – Visit the Division of Research’s FAQ webpage for detailed information.
- A.D. Henderson University School has moved to online delivery only through at least Wednesday, April 15.
- The Karen Slattery Educational Research Center for Child Development will be closed through at least Friday, June 5.
If you are a member of the FAU community and test positive for COVID-19:
- Students should contact Student Health Services (561-297-3512; after hours, please select option 3).
- Faculty/Staff should contact Human Resources (561-297-3076, email@example.com) and notify their supervisors.
If you have questions about your potential exposure to the virus, follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID-19 Risk Assessment and Public Health Management Decision Making guide.
Anyone who tests positive must also follow the requirements of self-quarantine.
Students can direction questions per the following:
- Student Health Services
- Residential Students (including off-campus hotel)
- Non-Residential Students (contact the Office of the Dean of Students)
FAU continues to closely monitor the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The health and safety of students, faculty and staff is the highest priority and FAU officials are working closely with local, state and federal agencies to share the most updated information.
Updates from President Kelly
Questions and Requests for Assistance can be directed to FAU’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety:
Residential Students (including off-campus hotel)
Non-Residential Students (contact the Office of the Dean of Students)