STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Third Party Billing
A student would be eligible as a candidate for Third Party billing if the conditions below are met on a letter of authorization (sometimes called a purchase order, letter of intent, letter of credit or no charge form).
A. LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION
The Sponsor agrees to execute a Letter of Authorization no later than the last day of Drop/Add Period as specified in Florida Atlantic University’s Website (www.fau.edu - on the home page, click on the University Calendar). Such letter shall be addressed to the University Controller and shall include:
1. The Sponsor’s written request to the University indicating the semester for which the sponsorship is being offered;
2. The name and social security number of each student to be covered by the sponsorship;
3. An address to be used for billing, with the name and phone number of a contact person representing the Sponsor.
The student must submit the above Letter of Authorization to the Controller’s Office no later than the last day of Drop/Add Period as specified in Florida Atlantic University’s Calendar, for the relevant semester. The Controller’s Office reserves the right to accept or reject such letters.
B. PAYMENT OF FEES AND FEE LIABILITY
The Sponsor’s payment of fees and costs shall not be contingent upon a student’s academic performance in one or more courses.
Any portion of the fees not payable by the Sponsor is payable by the student on or before the last date to pay fees for that semester. The last date to pay fees is published in the Calendar for each semester.
The student will also be responsible for paying any portion of the fees that the Sponsor fails to pay under the sponsorship.
Fees for which the Sponsor is liable must be paid on or before the thirtieth (30th) day after the first day of classes of each semester, as published in the University’s Calendar.
C. STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY
The typical procedure for a student with Third Party billing is as follows:
1. The student registers for courses.
2. The Third Party sponsor is apprised of the courses being taken, the amount
of the tuition, and the types of financial aid one is receiving( if applicable).
3. Based on this information, the sponsor issues a letter of authorization, as indicated above.
4. This document must be in our possession by the last day to pay in a semester.
It may be mailed; faxed, if an original is not required by the sponsor; or brought to us in person. For some agencies, it is necessary to pick up the form in person.
The mailing address is:
SU 80, Room 130
777 Glades Rd.
Boca Raton, Fl. 33431
The fax number is: (561) 297-0683