The Fall 2014-Spring 2015 Learning Community Application is available NOW!
Summer TLC Program
The TLC program is for Learning Community (LC) students who will be enrolling during the Summer 3 term. Students in the TLC program will take two courses that count toward the general education requirements and the LC Experience course - SLS 1412 (0 credits). Specific course information for summer 2014 will be available in February.
The fast pace of the summer term can be challenging for many students. Joining the TLC program will help students create important connections with key campus resources and other students. FAU will offer two TLC learning community options based on a student's fall LC choice: one for students enrolled in a STEM related LC and one for students in a non-STEM related LC. Each TLC learning community will emphasize engagement with the FAU community and students will have the opportunity to participate in a community service project. TLC students have the option to live on-campus or commute from home.
Space in the TLC program is limited to the first 48 students who apply (24 STEM, 24 non-STEM), so be sure to check YES for the TLC on your Learning Community application TODAY!
Please Note: Students who have previous college credit for an SLS/Study Skills course are ineligible to join a Learning Community. In addition, students who are part of FAU's Gateway program or University Honors Program, or who are majoring in Music or Architecture are also ineligible to join.
Please choose which type of community you would like to join
(click the paragraph below to proceed to the application)
Open to students who would like to live with their learning community on the Boca Raton Campus. Students will take a shared course schedule depending on their major or interests and live together in one of two residential halls. Depending on the community, students will have a choice of living in either Heritage Park Towers North (HPT) or Indian River Towers East (IRT) for the Fall 2014-Spring 2015 semesters.
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 LLC Options:
- Arts & Letters (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Business (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Criminal Justice & Public Safety (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Engineering & Computer Science (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Explore: for undecided majors (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Healthy Owls (HPT Only)...learn more
- Leadership (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Nursing (HPT Only): Students must have a minimum SAT score of 500 (Verbal) or a minimum ACT Composite score of a 21...learn more
- Science (HPT or IRT)...learn more
- Welcome To Florida (HPT Only)...learn more
Fall 2014-Spring 2015 FLC Options:
- Arts & Letters...learn more
- Business...learn more
- Commuting Connections...learn more
- Criminal Justice & Public Safety...learn more
- Education...learn more
- Engineering & Computer Science...learn more
- Explore: for undecided majors...learn more
- Healthy Owls...learn more
- Leadership...learn more
- Nursing: Students must have a minimum SAT score of 500 (Verbal) or a minimum ACT score of a 21...learn more
- Pre-Health Professions: Students must have a minimum SAT score of 1100 (Verbal & Math combined) or a minimum ACT Composite score of a 24...learn more
- Psychology...learn more
- Science...learn more
See more information about each Learning Community!
If you have any questions, please contact the Center for Learning and Student Success (CLASS) at 561.297.0906 or email@example.com.