Jump Start Peer Coaches (JS PCs) co-teach the SLS 1411 course within the Jump Start program for incoming first-year students. Peer Coaches are trained to provide both individual and group mentoring and educational support to these students throughout their first fall semester.
• Are you a current FAU student with a minimum 3.0 GPA (undergraduate student with 55+ credits or graduate student)?
• Do you have a desire to help first-year students succeed?
• Do you want to receive training and support on effective group mentoring and facilitation strategies?
• Are you interested in co-leading a class of approximately 25 first-year students and building connections across FAU?
• Are you interested in coaching (1-on-1) those first-year students individually?
• Are you available this fall 2017 for mandatory training - Monday-Friday, August 14th-18th, a highly recommended Jump Start Peer Coach Orientation on June 24th AND on Tuesdays 4-5:50pm and Thursdays 4-5:50pm throughout the fall term?
• Are you available to CONTINUE as a peer coach in the spring 2018 semester?
Early action is recommended. Applications will be accepted and continually reviewed until all 25 positions have been filled.
Click here for a full overview of the position requirements and application process.
Click here to submit a recommendation form for a Jump Start Peer Coach candidate.
• JUMP START is a partnership between the Divisions of Academic Affairs & Student Affairs •