Mock Interview Program
Mock Interviews are simulated interviews, designed to develop or test the communication skills of the interviewee. We offer two mock interview services to help you prepare for professional interviews: Face-to-Face mock interview with a CDC staff member and/or a Virtual mock interview powered by Perfect Interview. Traditional and behavioral interviewing questions will be presented. After the interview, you will receive constructive feedback.
Procedures for a Face-to-Face Mock Interview
- Drop off your resume, job description, and website address of a company you are interested in, 48 hours in advance of your appointment to our office, SU 220.
- If you have questions that you would like to practice please tell your interviewer at the time of your mock interview.
- Come "dress to impress". Wear the professional attire you are planning to wear to your future interviews.
- Bring what you feel is necessary to the interview.
The Virtual Mock Interview - Perfect Interview Software
- Check out FAU's Perfect Interview software
- Perfect Interview allows you to customize your mock interview experience by selecting your level of experience, position sought and the amount and type of questions the virtual interviewer will ask you
- Your responses can be recorded using a webcam and emailed to your career advisor for constructive feedback
How Do I Schedule A Mock Interview?
To make an appointment, visit the Career Development Center - Boca Raton Campus in SU 220 and/or call 561-297-3533. If you need to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours in advance of the mock interview.