Partnering with CCEW
Hours of Operation
By appointment only.
Online appointments are writing consultations that give you the flexibility of working with consultants at our writing center from your home or office, though they are subject to the same rates, policies, and scheduling procedures as in-person consultations. These appointments are conducted using voice and video connections via Skype, and all documents are uploaded and shared using the "Google Docs" feature of gmail. If you do not have Skype installed on your computer, please click here to download it now. If you do not have a gmail account, please register for one by clicking on the "Gmail" icon in the upper right hand corner of the Google main page.
To aid you in the online consultation process, we ask that you comply with the following when creating an appointment:
1) When scheduling your appointment with the manager, please make sure that you clearly request an online appointment.
2) Update your computer with the latest version of Skype.
3) Have your digital microphone and webcam plugged in to your computer before opening Skype.
4) Log in early to make sure the technology works correctly.
5) Open Skype. You will receive a contact request from one of our consultants. Accept this request. You will then receive a call from that username. Answer this call and the session will commence from there.
6) Make sure to have a digital copy of your writing project and assignments ready to upload to your Google Docs. When you upload the paper, be sure to allow Google Docs to convert your paper to their Google Docs format. You will need to share your paper with your consultant. Further instructions will be provided by the consultant at the time of the upload.
7) Expect to spend part of your first online session becoming familiar with the technology.
We hope that our online appointment services give you greater access to our writing services. We look forward to assisting you with all your writing needs! If you are having or anticipate having technical difficulties with your online session, be sure to contact us.
Can't hear your consultant?
- Check your speakers/headphones: are they plugged in, turned on, and is the volume at a reasonable level?
- If you want sound from your speakers, did you make sure that no devices are plugged into a headphone jack on your computer?
- Check your computer - Do you have the sound muted? Is the Volume at a reasonable level?
Consultant can't hear you?
- Check your microphone - is it plugged in and turned on?
- Check your recording devices on your computer (right click the speaker in the lower right hand corner of the screen and click "Recording devices.") Is your microphone enabled and registering sound? Is it muted?
Can't connect with your consultant?
- Did you open Skype and sign in to your account?
- Did you check to ensure that you gave the consultant your correct Skype name when scheduling your appointment?
- Are you connected to the internet?
- Is Skype updated to the latest version?
If you are experiencing a more difficult problem, please refer to the official Skype support guide: Official Skype Support Guide.