Captains play a vital role because they provide team leadership and serve as a liaison between the Department Campus Recreation and the team. Below is a list of team captain’s responsibilities.
- Register team on IMleagues.com
- Pay Forfeit Deposit on FAU marketplace
- Intend the online Captain’s Meeting
- Take Captain’s Quiz
- Sign Captain’s Statement
- Keep team members fully informed of all eligibility rules and abide by them. Team captains are solely responsible for the eligibility of all their players.
- Notify team members of the game rules and game schedules
- Maintain a high standard of sportsmanship and cooperation for his/her team.
- Check the Florida Atlantic University IMLeagues.com website for any information regarding team activities and schedules.
- Answer his/her phone and/or email in a timely manner regarding Campus Recreation updates.
Captain’s Meetings are held at the beginning of each sport season online. The meeting will review rules, finalize team schedules, give additional information and answer questions about intramural sports programs. These meetings are mandatory! They have must review by date. If meeting is not completed and the Captain’s Quiz passed the team will be eligible for playoff play. If the captain is unable to attend, it is his/her duty to find an able member of his/her team to go to the meeting and address any questions as well as relay the information back to the captain.