Sport Clubs Council

The Sport Clubs Council (SCC) is a student organization that works in conjunction with the Competitive Sports Office to administer the Sport Clubs Program (SCP). The SCC is advised by the Competitive Sports Office, with support from the Advisor of the Council of Student Organizations, and governed by an Executive Board who preside over all meetings. Each Sport Club at FAU is a Registered Student Organization (RSO) with the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership (SIL). For more information on the Sport Club Council, please visit Sport Clubs website.

Do I need experience to join a club?

No. Our clubs strive to cater to all levels of participation and skill. Some clubs may have competitive travel squads in addition to members that simply wish to practice.

Do I need a physical in order to participate?

No, the University does not require a medical exam or physical for participation in sport clubs. However, a participation waiver must be completed and submitted to the Competitive Sports Office (CSO) in order for any individual to participate in sport club activities. The CSO suggests that a physical be taken before participating in any sport club’s physical activity. It is the responsibility of each participant to ascertain whether they are sufficiently, physically fit to participate.

Do I have to try-out for the club?

No! While some clubs are more competitive and may host tryouts for the travel squad that competes at different contests, they will not cut interested students from their club.

Does it cost to participate with a club?

Member dues vary from club to club. The Competitive Sports Office does not set the individual club dues so the easiest way to find out specific information concerning club’s dues is to contact the club’s president directly. To find out a club’s contact information, visit our club directory

How can I create a new Sport Club?

The first step in the new student organization formation process is to complete and submit a Statement of Intent to Organize form with the Office of Student Activities & Involvement (SAI). Once this form is approved, your new organization is classified as an "Interest Group." At that point, you will be given instructions on the remainder of the formation process. You have SIX weeks to advertise and hold meetings to recruit members.

Are there any travel discounts available?

For vehicle rentals, Sport Clubs has an agreement with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, which offers affordable rates. They will rent to drivers who are 21 years of age or older.

How can we get more people involved in the club?

Clubs may have committees to allow more members to be involved in club governance and normal operations. Such committees may assist the club in recruiting new members, special events, alumni relations, etc.

What is the best way to communicate with the Competitive Sports Office?

All important messages and reminders are sent out to the club’s officers through Owl Central. All club officers’ email should be kept up-to-date with the Competitive Sports Office. Email is the easiest way to get in contact with the Competitive Sports staff to discuss any issues. General emails should be sent

How can our club create its own website

Due to limited space, the Sport Clubs pages contain only the basic contact information for the club. If your club would like a more elaborate webpage, it needs to be maintained by the club. Websites should follow University guidelines and be in good taste. Sport Clubs sites may not be directly linked to commercial vendors.

What are some of the fundraising activities our club can do?

Fundraising is a great way for clubs to raise money, and can help inform the community about your organization and its purpose. All Sport Clubs who plan to host a fundraising event MUST submit a Fundraiser Form . For general fundraising guidelines and fundraising ideas, refer to the RSO Manual.

 Last Modified 7/18/18