The Climbing Center includes our 35 foot climbing tower and 20 foot long bouldering wall. While the rest of our course is primarily geared towards group development, the Climbing Center serves a more recreational function. Students have access to the Climbing Center for their Open Climbs and Climbing Club practices. Outside of those times, the center is available for group gatherings. Pricing is below.
Pricing for the Climbing Center
Climbing Only Membership (Monthly): $20
Climbing Only Day pass: $5
Private Events (Climbing Center and Pavilion):
- $150 for 2-hours (up to 25 people) for FAU groups
- $250 for 2-hours (up to 25 people) for Non-profit/Community groups
- $350 for 2-hours (up to 25 people) for Corporate/Business groups
- +$75 for specialty elements (Flying Squirrel or Giant’s Swing)
- +$100 for Zip-line
*These prices includes belay staff, so don't worry if your group members don't know how to belay climbers.
Open Climb is available to any FAU Student or Recreation & Fitness Center Member from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. every Wednesday during school semesters. Open Climb includes access to the Climbing Wall and Bouldering Hut. It does not include other elements on the Ropes Challenge Course.
Open Climb House Rules
- FAU ID cards are required to participate in open climbing programs. ID may be verified at any time by Campus Recreation staff and other university officials.
- All climbers must check in with the climbing wall staff before climbing
- Closed-toe shoes are required while climbing, bouldering, and belaying.
- Helmets are required for climbing.
- You must be checked-off by Climbing Wall staff in order to belay. Belay certification must be renewed at the beginning of each fall semester.
- Pets, golfing, glass products, smoking, and smokeless tobacco products are not permitted at the FAU Challenge Course. Any persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol are prohibited from the FAU Challenge Course.
- Facility is to be used for its design. Activities deemed dangerous, improper or violate the designed/intended use are prohibited.
- Facility equipment may not be moved without permission of Campus Recreation staff.
- Please be courteous and place all trash in its appropriate containers.
- Any misuse or vandalism of the FAU Challenge Course or equipment should be reported immediately to Campus Recreation staff, or called in to FAU PD at (561) 297-3500.
- No topping out when bouldering, or climbing on roof of bouldering hut (observe height restrictions)
Participants who fail to comply with the Open Climb House Rules may be asked to leave the facility by the Climbing Wall Staff. Repeated issues may result in a loss of privilege to attend Open Climb nights.