Services Available From the Copy Center:
Preparing your Project
Before submitting your project, it is important to review the information below and chat with
- The best black and white copies are made from electronic source or hard crisp, clean black and white originals. Red, green, purple, dark brown and other deep shades copy almost as well.
- The best color copies are made from electronic source or hard clean color originals using clear primary and secondary colors. Even the best color copies have a much harder time with earth tones and flesh tones. So keep your hard copy originals clean and bright.
- Please be explicit when requesting 1-sided and 2-sided copies in the same project. Indicate with blank sheets, paper clips, post-its, or pagination which pages are 1-sided and which are 2-sided. This type of communication is also important when using more than one kind of paper stock in a project. The more information you give us, the better our ability to meet your requirements and expectations.
- To expedite your turnaround time, please remove staples from your originals whenever possible and replace them with paper clips, if necessary.
- Most copy machines increase the image of your original about 2% when copying. Please allow generous margins on your originals whenever possible, especially if you need a “binding” edge. When this is not possible, we can reduce oversized originals.
- "Highlighters" can cause problems for copiers and copy quality. Yellow, orange, red and shocking pink can appear as solid black, covering any material highlighted. Pink or light green highlighters usually leave a gray tine where they are used. If you need to highlight documents that will be copied later, light blue highlighters are best, as they generally do not show up on copies.
- Documents printed on goldenrod, salmon, cherry and other deep toned paper stock are very difficult to copy, because the copier has trouble separating paper from the ink.