Applying for the Master of Public Administration degree consists of these steps:
- Carefully read the admission requirements.
- Take the GRE if your GPA (of the last 60 hours of undergraduate study) is less than 3.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Prepare the documents (resume, essay) to include in the online application.
- Ensure you can get 3 letters of recommendation. Once the three recommenders have been identified, the applicant must enter the recommenders’ names and contact information into the FAU online application system, and then an email requesting a letter of recommendation will automatically be sent to each recommender from the FAU Graduate College. Each recommender will login to the FAU online application system to submit her/his letter. (Do not have the recommenders send their letters directly to the MPA coordinator.)
- Complete the online application.
You must submit your application online via the FAU Graduate College system (Online Application) and all application materials must be submitted together with your application. There is a $30 application fee. Only the contact information of the 3 recommenders needs to be entered by the applicant via the online application. The recommenders will upload their letters to the online system. Please do not apply if you have not successfully completed (C or better) an undergraduate statistics course (equivalent to FAU STA 2023).
- Have your official transcripts sent to the FAU Graduate College.
Request that an official transcript from the registrar of each U.S. college or university (except FAU) you have attended (including all post-secondary institutions, even dual enrollment) be sent directly to Florida Atlantic University, Graduate College (see address below). Please allow 1-2 weeks after request for the Graduate College to receive it. The official transcript must show the undergraduate statistics course you completed. If you receive the official transcript, do not open the envelope - just include it unopened in your materials packet. If FAU was your last school attended and you were a degree-seeking student, it is likely that your transcripts are on record, so you don't need to submit your transcripts to the FAU Graduate College. You will be notified if they are not. All international applicants whose transcripts are from non-U.S. institutions must have their credentials evaluated course by course, including the GPA, by a professional evaluation service. A service may be found at www.NACES.org.
Mail the official transcripts to:
Florida Atlantic University
Graduate College, SU-80, Room 101
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
For informatiion on transcripts for international students, please contact the Graduate Admissions office at 561-297-3624 or 1-800-299-4FAU.
Please stay in contact with the Admissions Office throughout the application process.
Main telephone number: (561) 297-3040
Fax number: (561) 297-2758
For any questions regarding the Master of Public Administration degree program, please contact Dr. Leslie Leip (Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org).