Opportunities for Students
PEACE, JUSTICE AND HUMAN RIGHTS RELATED COURSES
"Alliance for Peacebuilding is seeking interns for Spring 2016 in the following program areas: Communications, Membership & Development, and Policymaker Engagement.
Peacebuilding as a field, and the Alliance for Peacebuilding as an organization, are in a unique stage of innovation and expansion; we are in a position to offer outstanding candidates a rich learning opportunity to lead and create.
AfP’s interns work at the intersection of the international peacebuilding field in our nation’s capital. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the peacebuilding field from the inside, with broad exposure to a wide variety of civil society organizations, government and military partners, and representatives from fields closely related to peacebuilding. Interns engage with AfP’s network of partners both overseas and in Washington, learn about all of the latest news, events, jobs and research going on in the peacebuilding field, and represent AfP at important events in Washington, DC.
For details about each internship, please click below.
Policymaker Engagement – Entrepreneurial “doers” who want to help create opportunities for the latest innovations of peacebuilders around the world to shape U.S. engagements in conflict-affected regions.
Membership & Development – “People” people who think in terms of relationships, not just programs, and want to help expand and connect AfP’s growing network of peacebuilding organizations.Strategic thinkers who want to hone their fundraising skills and learn how the philanthropic sectors can catalyze the peacebuilding solutions of tomorrow.
Communications – Creative wordsmiths who want to harness the power of narrative to expand the boundaries of peacebuilding."
Employment Searches & Opportunities
- Idealist is a database with internship, volunteer, grad fairs, and job opportunities for those interested in the non-profit sector or just looking to improving their skills. http://www.idealist.org/
Job opportunities at the United Nations (UN) https://careers.un.org/lbw/Home.aspx
- List of Non-Profit Organizations in Boca Raton, FL. The Boca Chamber and its committees focus on issues such as education, public affairs and economic development. http://web.bocaratonchamber.com/NONPROFIT-ORGANIZATIONS
- Opportunity Knocks is a national online job board, HR resource, and career development destination focused exclusively on the nonprofit community. http://www.opportunityknocks.org/
- The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI) is looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals who are committed to strengthening integrated health systems around the world and expanding access to care and treatment for HIV/AIDS, malaria and other illnesses. http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org/careers
- Care International Job Opportunities http://www.care-international.org/take-action/work-for-us.aspx
- BRAC Job Opportunities http://careers.brac.net/Presentation/Landing.aspx
- Pathfinder International Employment Opportunities http://www.pathfinder.org/about-us/careers/employment-opportunities/?gclid=COe69OOLvsECFSEV7AodHhEAtw
- UNICEF Employment Opportunities http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
Human rights Watch Employment Opportunities http://www.hrw.org/about/jobs
- Employment / Internship Opportunities with Amnesty International https://careers.aiusa.org/
- Society for Non-Profits https://www.snpo.org/nonprofitcareers/jobresults2.php?gclid=CM30vYG_z8ECFaZj7Aodb0gA0A
- World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations (WANGO) Job Search http://www.wango.org/ngojobs.aspx
The World Bank Jobs
Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitatsouthpalmbeach.org/
The Red Cross Volunteer Opportunities http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer
Great Nonprofits is a place to find trustworthy nonprofits for volunteer opportunities. http://greatnonprofits.org/
- Refuge Volunteer & Internship Opportunities in South Florida & other states. https://www.rescue.org/volunteer
Volunteer Match http://www.volunteermatch.org/
- The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism. http://www.unvolunteers.org/
Information about careers in PJHR-related fields
- Harvard Law School: How to Break into the International NGO Field http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/careers/opia/public-interest-law/public-international/how-to-break-into-the-international-ngo-field.html|
- NGO Careers: How to get a job in an NGO http://www.fundsforngos.org/featured-articles/ngo-careers-job-ngo/
- The Guardian article: So You Want to Work in Human Rights, 2007 http://www.theguardian.com/money/2007/nov/17/workandcareers.graduates1
- Forbes’ Magazine: Seven Tips for Becoming an International Aid Worker, 2013 http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2013/10/10/millenial-thursdays-the-down-and-dirty-of-international-aid-work/