Office of College Communications
Assistance with External & Internal Publicity
- OCC maintains the College's homepages.
- Department areas are responsible for keeping their pages updated, and for following FAU branding.
Print / Collateral Development*
- OCC can create print projects for public programs. Email Polly Burks with requests.
- Three weeks lead time necessary for all projects.
- Department chairs must be notified of projects before they come to our office.
- If there is a backlog of work, work may be referred to University Creative Services.
- For end-of-fiscal year jobs, May 1 is the deadline for job requests.
- All materials must follow FAU branding.
- All print, video, promotional projects must go through OCC for approval. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- OCC works with the media to publicize events and publicize news in the college.
- Please keep us in mind for news of awards, developments, research, student highlights, etc.
- News media frequently contact our office for expert advice.
- Please keep our office informed of any issues that could potentially generate news coverage.
- If there is a budget for advertising, OCC will provide options for placement.
- Requests must be made three weeks in advance (magazines have a longer lead time).
- OCC can create the art for the ads and help with copy for radio.
- OCC emails a weekly Calendar of Events to the College community as well as external supporters.
- OCC works with University Creative Services to add events to FAU pages.
- Social media sites must be registered with the University.
- All promotional items must be made by an approved vendor.
Cultural Council Grant
- The College has a grant with Palm Beach County.
- As a condition of the grant, we are asked to survey our audiences. You may be asked to provide survey forms to your audiences for public programs.
- If you receive grant support, your materials must include PBCCC logos. Please request through OCC.
- There is an official FAU photographer that can be requested through an FAU help ticket.
- Subjects in photos to be used for public purposes must sign a photo release form found on the FAU creative services website.
- A photographer is available one day per semester on the Boca Raton campus for official portrait photos.
Director of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 561-297-2595
Coordinator, Visual Communications
Arts and Humanities Building, Room 108
Permission / Release Forms
FAU Branding / Logos
If you require an FAU or College logo please email email@example.com
PBCCC Grant Logos
If you require PBCCC grant logos, please email firstname.lastname@example.org