Office of College Communications
Assistance with External & Internal Publicity
- OCC maintains the College's homepages.
- Department areas are responsible for keeping their pages updated, and for following FAU branding.
Print / Collateral Development*
- OCC can create print projects for public programs. Email Polly Burks with requests.
- Three weeks lead time necessary for all projects.
- Department chairs must be notified of projects before they come to our office.
- If there is a backlog of work, work may be referred to University Creative Services. Polly Burks will provide a job number to fill out a Creative Services work order. For work order, see link on right side of this page.
- For end-of-fiscal year jobs, May 1 is the deadline for job requests.
- All materials must follow FAU branding. Guidelines can be found in links on the right side of this page.
- All print, video, promotional projects must go through OCC for approval. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- OCC works with the media to publicize events and publicize news in the college.
- Please keep us in mind for news of awards, developments, research, student highlights, etc.
- News media frequently contact our office for expert advice.
- Register with the experts' database. See link on right side of this page.
- Please keep our office informed of any issues that could potentially generate news coverage.
- If there is a budget for advertising, OCC will provide options for placement.
- Requests must be made three weeks in advance (magazines have a longer lead time).
- OCC can create the art for the ads and help with copy for radio.
- OCC emails a weekly Calendar of Events to the College community as well as external supporters.
- OCC works with University Creative Services to add events to FAU pages.
- Social media sites must be registered with the University. A form for registering a site is posted on right side of this page.
- All promotional items must be made by an approved vendor. See link to the right for a list of vendors.
- OCC creates one printed newsletter per year.
- Bi-monthly newsletter emailed.
Cultural Council Grant
- The College has a grant with Palm Beach County.
- We receive more than $100,000 in marketing dollars for the college.
- As a condition of the grant, we are asked to survey our audiences. You may be asked to provide survey forms to your audiences for public programs.
If you receive grant support, your materials must include PBCCC logos. See link to the right for logos.
- There is no official FAU photographer, but we can provide a list of freelance photographers, or loan out a camera.
- Subjects in photos to be used for public purposes must sign a photo release form. Release forms are located in links on right side of this page.
- A photographer is available one day per semester on the Boca Raton campus for official portrait photos. See link to the right for schedule and information.
Director of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org | 561-297-2595
Coordinator, Visual Communications
Arts and Humanities Building, Room 108
Permission / Release Forms
FAU Branding / Logos
Visual Standards Manual
College Logo Centered-color
College Logo Centered-black
College Logo Centered-white
College Logo Left-color
College Logo Left-black
College Logo Left-white
* When using the FAU logo we ask that you provide the College's full name somewhere on the piece in text.
For additional assistance with logos,