Repertory Dance Theatre Ensemble at FAU
Florida Atlantic University’s Department of Theatre and Dance in the Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters presents the ninth Repertory Dance Theatre Ensemble from Thursday, Jan. 26 through Saturday, Jan 28 in the University Theatre, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. Show times are 7 p.m., with a 1 p.m. matinee on Saturday. Single tickets are $20; FAU faculty, staff and alumni are $16; FAU students are $12; and group prices are available. Tickets can be purchased at www.fauevents.com or 1-800-564-9539.
The event includes several premieres and dance films by professional dancers and FAU students, alumni and faculty:
- William “Bill” Evans, internationally renowned dancer, choreographer, author and professor emeritus, has created a delightful, musically driven, animated dance to a Johannes Brahms scherzo.
- Keith Thompson, former Trisha Brown soloist and artistic director of New York-based “danceTactics,” is premiering the third section of his explorations of Paul Monette’s seminal work “Love Alone.” This duet incorporates a bench, fabric, letters and lots more letters.
- Jerry Opdenaker’s “Fragments of a Dream,” a sextet for advanced FAU dancers dressed all in white in a black space and bathed in light, will be equally visually engaging.
- Juliet Forrest’s “Sunset at Noon” is dedicated to her graduate school dance partner Drew Dreeland. The dance takes its name from Forrest’s graduate school mentor and composer Sergio Cervetti’s musical ode to four of his former students.
- FAU’s adjunct dance faculty member Crystal Patient is presenting her latest work “Symposium,” which features dancers from Broward State College.
The program is subject to change without notice. Please contact the Department of Theatre and Dance at 561-297-3810 or email@example.com, or TTY Relay Station 1-800-995-8770 in advance if you require accommodations to attend this event. For more information about the Repertory Dance Theatre Ensemble and the dance program at FAU, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.