The FAU Marching Owls perform at home football games throughout the semester and comprises of woodwinds, brass, percussion, color guard, and twirlers. Its purpose is to provide entertaining performances that draw the audience into the game, inspire the team to victory, represent the community with pride, and nurture a spirit of cooperation and sportsmanship. The band comprises of students representing a variety of disciplines who contribute musically and visually to the game-day atmosphere uniting the student body, university, and community in mutual camaraderie.
The Marching Owls is an academic class and performing ensemble with membership open to all FAU students and those attending nearby community colleges. The band rehearses three days per week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 5-6:50 pm and learns several different half-time shows per season. Why join the Marching Owls?
- Make new friends
- Perform great music for an audience of thousands each week
- Join in a great college tradition
All members of the FAU Marching Owls receive a University Scholarship for participation that helps cover some of the cost of tuition.
How to join?
- Complete our Interest Form so we know who you are
- Drumline, Colorguard, and Majorettes please read about auditions
- When it comes time to register for credit, enroll in MUN 1110 (0-1 credits) or MUN 4113 (1-3 credits)
- Join us for Pre-Season Training the week before school starts
Email or call with any questions about joining, 561.297.3883 or firstname.lastname@example.org.