PhD Student Conference and Research Travel Grants Spring 2020
The Comparative Studies Program is pleased to offer conference and research travel grant opportunities to all current students in the program. This award (up to $800.00) will be made to an outstanding PhD student to support his or her travel to present a paper at a professional conference or for use to cover specific research expenses such as travel to archives, special collections, etc. Award must be used during the academic year, August 2019 to July 1, 2020.
- By the date of application, the applicant must be a student in good standing with a minimum of 3.7 GPA.
The applicant must submit the following items by March 15, 2020.
- Abstract of paper to be presented
- Acceptance letter from conference organizers
- Detailed description of research expenses to be covered by grant if not for conference travel
- letter of support from professor or advisor
Awardee will be selected by the PhD Executive Committee.
Notification and terms of the award
- Applicants will be notified before the end of the semester.