Click on the Polaroid pictures below to get a snap shot from our Learning Community Students!
What is a Learning Community?
The Learning Community program on the Boca Raton campus at FAU offers incoming freshmen the unique and engaging opportunity to enroll in courses with 20-24 incoming freshmen with similar academic goals and interests. OVER 25 different communities to choose from!
Twenty heads are better than one! In a Learning Community, help on a paper, project or assignment is never far away!
ALL Learning Communities Feature:
- Shared course schedules (12-15 credits) for the fall semester and 1-2 mandatory classes for the spring semester.
- Dedicated faculty/instructors
- Great study group opportunities
- Learning Community specific events
- SLS 1503 course (study skills course) themed to your community for the fall semester.
- SLS 1412 course (0-credit) an experiential hands-on class themed towards your community for both the fall and spring semesters.
Join a Learning Community and make the most of your FAU Experience…
- Meet new people
- Succeed at FAU
- Make an easier transition into college life.
In a Learning Community you can:
- Live on-campus with your community in Heritage Park Towers North
- Live on-campus in any of FAU's Residence Halls on the Boca Raton Campus
- Live off-campus and commute
If you plan on living on the FAU Boca Raton campus, please visit FAU's Housing and Residential Life website for more information:
If you are an incoming freshman student for the Fall 2013 semester, Learning Community applications are AVAILABLE NOW (click the link above). If you have any questions please contact the Center for Learning And Student Success (CLASS) at 561.297.0906 or email@example.com.
Learning Community students are involved, engaged and changing FAU!!!
Click here to learn more about the 2013 Learning Community Liaisons (peer mentors for the learning communtiy students)!
They are here for YOU!