Pre-Health Professions LC
Since there is a strong correlation between SAT or ACT test scores and success on the MCAT or other professional school admission exams, the Pre-Med/Pre-Professional LC requires a minimum 1100 SAT (verbal and math) or 24 ACT to enroll in the LC for Pre-Health Professions majors. Students who do not meet the stated requirements might want to consider the Science or Biological Science LCs.
The Pre-Health Professions LC is available for students considering Pre-Health Professions majors including: pre-med, pre-veterinary, pre-optometry, pre-dental nd pre-pharmacy. Admission to a Medical/Professional school is a very complicated and competitive process that requires exceptional grades, community involvement, and leadership experience. This LC helps students learn the keys to being competitive applicants, while providing the support necessary for students to excel in the science curriculum. The Current Issues in Biomedicine course is ONLY available to students in the Pre-Health Professions LC.
Pre Health Professions LC students will be registered for the following courses for the fall semester:
- English Composition I: ENC 1101 or English Composition II: ENC 1102 (3 credits)
- Learning Strategies & Human Development: SLS 1503 (2 credits)
- Learning Community Experience: SLS 1412 (0 credit)
- General Chemistry I: CHM 2045 with Lab (4 credits)
- Current Issues in Biomedicine: ISC 1430 (1 credit)
- MATH Course. This will be based on your score on the ALEKS Math Placement Test (www.fau.edu/mathplacement).
Classes/Times/Days are subject to change.